Discover the full range of
Products & Services
Organic and also Conventional Honey packaged in 200 litre food grade drums.
Organic Honey packaged according to individual customer requirements.
Queen Bees in bulk.
Organic Supplementary Bee Feed.
Beekeeping equipment as below: -
Truck Net, Bee Veil, Smoker, Safety Smoker Box, Miller Cages.
Environmental Management Consultancy.
We welcome your FURTHER INQUIRIES
International inquiries: -
From within Australia: -
Ken Olley's Mobile no: 0427 876 875
Shirley C. Olley's Mobile no: 0418 876 875
Office ph: 07 4697 3222
Office fax: 07 4697 3522
Shirley and Ken Olley
Shirley Olley Is the scientific power-house within Olley's Organic Honey.
Apart from having qualifications in medical technology and public health, Shirley is a
Bachelor of Environmental Science; Master of Environmental Management; Organic Production Auditing (Australian Certified Organic); and Certified Environmental Practioner (Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand).
Shirley applies her skills to the benefit of customers in all the following areas:
· Environmental problem solving - planning, processes and law based on sustainable development;
· Organic food production, food safety and compliance pre and post certification;
· Preparation of environmental management plans, food and environmental safety reports, manuals &
templates, impact assessments;
· Natural resource management;
· Environmental Research.
About us - a brief history of the Olley's operation
Olley's Honey was established in 1956 in Oxley, Queensland under the sole proprietorship of Ken Olley.
The business currently runs 3000 - 4000 bee colonies and 10,000 nucleus hives and is the largest such operation in Queensland.
Formerly a major supplier to and shareholder of an Australian honey packer, Olley's is now an exporter in its own right.
Proprietor Ken Olley can be considered a Father of Modern Beekeeping. He has made tremendous achievements in the industry, including the following:
- Invention of the Split Boom Loader in 1960 (won several awards during the APIMONDIA held in Adelaide)
- Invention of the "uncapping machine" using a chain over system with horizontal bars in 1965
- Pioneered the use of palletised beehives in 1975
- Invention of "special supplementary feed" in 1980
- Invention of the ultra-light "Olley Beenet" to cover the trucks during bee migration
- Design of the the light and less cumbersome "Olley Bee Veil"
- Invention of "Olley Smoker Safety Box" during the millennium
- In the year 2002, Ken was one of the 10 finalists of "Queensland's Regional Achievement Award"
- Recipient of "Clifton's Achiever" of the Year in 2003
- Currently working on tackling the debilitating bee disease, Nosema apis.
Honey Producers of Australia P/L (Olley's Honey Exporters)
84 Logan Road, Clifton, Queensland, AUSTRALIA 4361